COMMUNICATION, TRANSPARENCY & VISITORS
- Publish protocols: All COVID-19 protocols used by the production must be published and distributed to all crew, cast and other personnel.
- Anonymous reporting: Production/Producers should establish an anonymous reporting mechanism (via email, phone or online form) that enables all personnel to report concerns about COVID protocols or other safety issues.
- No visitors: Only essential cast and crew are allowed on production sites. No non-essential personnel permitted on sets, production offices, stage, or construction mills.
IF YOU FEEL SICK OR HAVE SYMPTOMS
- At home: If you’re feeling sick with fever, cough, muscle pain, sore throat or difficulty breathing, stay home and immediately inform your supervisor. Consider seeking immediate medical care. Before going to a doctor’s office or emergency room, call and inform them of symptoms. If the symptoms persist, please do not report to work until the Production office clears you to be job-ready.
- On the job: Personnel who begin feeling sick with fever, cough or difficulty breathing while at work, should immediately inform their supervisor and the COVID-19 Coordinator, and leave the premises if possible. If unable to leave, the sick person should keep wearing their face mask and find an isolated place to wait/rest until the production can arrange transportation. Immediately send home any employee with COVID-19 like symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc.) and not allow the employee to return to work until at least 72 hours after fever and other symptoms have resolved without medication.
SCREENING & TESTING
- Screening: All crew members will be screened prior to access to set, trucks, load-in or off-set work. If the answer is YES to any of the questions below, they will be ineligible to work and MUST STAY HOME:
- Are you experiencing any flu like symptoms such as fever, cough, muscle pain, sore throat or difficulty breathing?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with COVID-19?
- Do you feel sick in any way?
- Future testing: Production will make testing available to all crew and cast when/if/how that’s possible.
SOCIAL DISTANCING & PERSONAL HYGIENE
- Six-foot rule: Crew and cast will remain six feet away from other people at all times until social distancing restrictions have been lifted.
- Work ‘pods’ of small numbers: Crews should be minimal in size, function as department cohorts or ‘pods’ and maintain continuity of personnel whenever possible.
- Workflow: For camera or lighting resets, ‘working pods’ should alternate onset work and not crossover.
- Protect cast members: Increase physical space between CAST and other personnel. Only personnel designated by Production should work in close proximity with cast members (i.e. Hair and Make-up). All personnel who work near cast should be masked and wear gloves.
- Physical Contact: Avoid any unnecessary physical contact and touching your face.
- Shared equipment: Avoid using other people’s phones or personal work tools. Any shared tools must be sanitized prior to their hand off to another crew member.
- Viewing monitors: Multiple monitors should be made available to allow people to review footage while maintaining a safe distance.
PPE AND EQUIPMENT & MATERIALS SANITIZING
- Protective gear: Crew will wear protective gear provided by the employer, including face covering, with preference to N95 face masks as long as supplies last. Training and fitting of masks/respiratory devices and all PPE must be provided for proper use per OSHA standards.
- PPE reserves: Extra gloves & masks (at least x3 per crew member), hand sanitizer and sani-wipes will be provided by production and on-hand at all times.
- Audio gear: Use boom microphones instead of neck/Lav microphones in order to maintain social distancing requirements. Lav mics can be used if sanitized prior to hand off, and talent mic’s themselves.
- Sanitize equipment: All equipment will be sanitized before and after each individual use. Only department members should handle their own gear.
- Sanitize props: All props, set dressing and set pieces will be sanitized if they have or will come in physical contact with the cast.
- Off-set editing: Any editing and post-production will be done remotely in order to limit number of personnel on production sites.
- Catering & Craft Services: Food must be provided as single serve meals with individual utensils, brought to set from Crafts Services or Catering by designated individuals, and delivered to individuals for their own consumption and not shared with others.
REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO LOCATION
- Disinfect interiors: Disinfect locations prior to shoot day and let sit sealed and empty proscribed period of time before occupation and then again after shooting prior to returning to the owner.
- Limit access: Limit personnel access inside all locations (i.e. maintain “closed sets” at all times); let crew work in shifts on set and then completely disinfect all areas of locations after completion of photography and before handing over the location to the owners/site representative.
- Limit personnel on location: Based on available space inside a location, put a limit on the number of crew members allowed inside the location at any given time to protect adequate social distancing areas.